Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To...

Kirk Douglas. In a night of mostly predictable wins, Kirk Douglas stands out as the most memorable part of last night's Academy Awards. 

But onto what I really want to talk about...

When I think of Oscars, I think of glamour. I think of drama, and because I am a girl, I think of dresses. This year, the dresses failed to impress. In fact, I was hugely disappointed with the majority of the dresses at this year's Academy Awards. All roads lead to the Oscars, and I expect the dresses at the Oscars to be the best of the best, like the nominees. The Oscars should be a chance for actresses to show off high end fashion gowns. I found myself thinking I had seen a lot of these dresses before. However, there were some dresses that I did enjoy. Here are some dresses that stood out to me:

My pick for best dressed: Cate frequently takes fashion risks and they always pay off. This dress is different, but not over the top. And her hair is perfect with this dress. 
This dress is unique and so flattering it is amazing. This picture does not really do the dress justice, but I was floored when I saw Mila's dress on TV. Well done!

And... that's about it. I really did not
love any other dress. I feel like the dresses matched this year's Oscars- BORING. But, I do not want to end on a bad note, so I will leave you with some of my favorite past Oscar dresses. Enjoy!









Who was your pick for best dressed this year? Were you as disappointed in the Oscars as I was?

No comments:

Post a Comment