Monday, March 7, 2011

The Other Man

I don’t know about you but if I hear another word about Charlie Sheen, I myself am going to go insane. The man has serious issues, which right now are making him even more money than he doesn’t need – he is getting paid by the tweet people! Anyways, I want to take this time to talk about the man that I believe does not get the attention he deserves, especially in the mist of this Sheen overload... the one and only Jon Cryer.

Jon stars opposite Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men as the awkwardly lovable Alan Harper. Alan’s inability to hold any kind of romantic relationship, his lack of funds and relationship with his son, mother and brother are the driving forces of the show. He is like a train wreck you can’t look away from. Alan is quirky, at times pathetic and never seems to do anything right yet viewers are drawn to Alan. Cryer won an Emmy for his portrayal of Alan Harper in 2009.

I first fell in love with Jon Cryer when I saw the movie “Pretty in Pink.” He played Duckie, an outcast who happened to be in love with his best friend. With lines like, “May I admire you again today?” and “This is a really volcanic ensemble you’re wearing today, it’s really marvelous,” Duckie was the kind of guy friend I never had yet wished one day would come along. He never did, so I got my fix by watching “Pretty in Pink.”  I mean, just look at him. How could you not want to be friends with him?

Cryer as Duckie
Jon is truly a talented actor. I admire his ability to play a vulnerable yet comical character. Oh yeah, and he is not afraid to make fun of himself:




Let’s hope Cryer is not out of a job because of his co-star’s selfish shenanigans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment