Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's All Greek to Me


I may be the only person who still watches the show, but I was extremely upset to learn that the ABC Family show Greek is over. Last night, I was strangely drawn to my television. I love Greek, but I have never actually watched it on TV. I always catch up with it on Hulu. So, I decided to watch it on its actual airtime last night, only to learn it was the SERIES FINALE! I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. This is a show I have watched since I was a freshman in college… and it is a show about college! I had no time to mentally prepare myself for the end. I am still trying to cope with the loss of a show that was always there for me. We went through rush together, joined sororities together, made new friends, started relationships, went to parties, spring break and university events together. When I was thinking about applying to law schools after graduation, Casey got accepted to GW and CRU Law! Now, I realize you think I am a complete and total freak because I am talking about a television show… an ABC Family television show… this way, but really Greek was more than just a show to me. Some of the characters (including one named Ashleigh!) graduated the same time I graduated. We went through college together and I got to see their struggle after college. It was nice to know I am not the only one struggling to find a job or make sense of my future. In the end they realize that life is about learning who you are and what you want to do, and that is not always easy. I am truly going to miss Greek and want to thank them for a great show. You will be missed… well at least by me anyways. 


1 comment:

  1. I friggin love this show and was also totally caught off guard/upset to find out last night was the end. glad to hear i wasnt the only one :)

    ReplyDelete