Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Great... Carey Mulligan?

While I was making my rounds on the celebrity gossip sites yesterday, something stirred inside of me as I realized Carey Mulligan is rumored to be dating Marcus Mumford, of the band Mumford and Sons. Is this the same girl who had previously snatched up my teenage dream, Shia Labeouf? YES! And now she is with Marcus Mumford, and Carey gets to see all the private Mumford & Sons show she wants! Not fair! Girlfriend sure knows how to pick 'em. Now, if her rebound from Mumford is with my other celebrity crush, Andy Sanberg, or she tries to go after my boyfriend, I'll know there is a serious problem!

Mulligan  
Mumford
Mulligan with Shia back in the day

Carey, stay away!

I have to admit, Carey is an extremely talented actress. I am curious as well as excited to see her portrayal of Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby. The film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, as Gatsby himself and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway. I heard a rumor that Bradley Cooper is in talks to play Tom Buchanan, which I hope becomes a reality because I believe he has what it takes to play that complicated character and it would be a drastic departure from his characters in such films as The Hangover, Wedding Crashers, He’s Just Not That Into You, etc (not that I don’t love him in these films!). The Great Gatsby will not be released until sometime in 2012 but I am already looking forward to it. I hope it does justice to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s tragically beautiful novel. If you haven’t read it (or have only read the Spark Notes), I strongly urge you to pick it up and try it again. It is a relatively quick read, full of drama, love, struggle, wealth, materialism, martial infidelity, jazz, parties, and style. Although it takes place in the Roaring Twenties, the themes still ring true to today. So go forth, Actualists, and discover all that is The Great Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment