Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I Love Amy Poehler

It’s Hump Day everyone, so I thought I would treat you to an oldie but a goodie. I don’t know that there is anything better than this rap Amy Poehler performed back in 2008 on Weekend Update. I’ve been meaning to post this for a while because it is one of my favorite things. It never fails to make me laugh. Amy Poehler is incredible in it. First of all, I’m pretty sure she was 9 months pregnant. Yes, you read that correctly! She was about to pop a baby, yet she agreed to perform this hysterical rap written for Sarah Palin. And Amy performed the heck out of it. She was such a gangster! She executed everything perfectly, with such intensity and passion I felt like I was watching a real rapper, but then I remembered I was watching a 9-month pregnant, white woman. I had liked Amy Poehler before, but after this rap I knew she would forever be one of my favorite comedians. Check out the clip below. The rap starts around the 1 minute mark, and I apologize for the poor quality. For a better quality clip, head over to Hulu or NBC.com! Enjoy! And, if you don't watch Parks and Recreation, be sure to check it out on Thursdays!


No comments:

Post a Comment