Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Favorite Musical Imports, Right Now

Mumford & Sons
Two Door Cinema Club
Adele

To say I am mildly obsessed with each and every one of these musicians right now is an understatement. I am counting down the hours until the release of Adele's sophomore album, 21 (which comes out February 22nd for those of you living in a cave). If you have not yet heard "Rolling In The Deep," the first single off of the album then shame on you! I shall enlighten you to the glorious voice and music of Adele. Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw. Now go and buy all of her songs on iTunes, and try not to fall in love with her voice, I dare you. And please, let me know if you are disappointed.

Mumford & Sons performed "The Cave" at the Grammys, and it was one of my favorite performances. I simply did not want it to end. You can not help but to feel something when you listen to their music. I am so mad I missed them when they came to the House of Blues in November, however this is only their first album and I can not wait to see what they have in store for the future. Check out their performance from the Grammys below: 



My brother and I attended a Two Door Cinema Club concert at a small venue in Boston last month. We liked them going into the show and after the concert we were certified fans. Their music is catchy and they put on a great show. They are an up-and-coming band, so keep an eye out for them.

This is not a music blog, however music has been on my mind lately, due to the Grammys. I hope you enjoy the music I highlighted in this post, and be sure to let me know who your favorite musical import is right now! 

And I can't have a post about musical imports without mentioning Radiohead's new album The King of Limbs, will be available this Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. agreed - the imports are doing superbly as of late, but let's not forget about our very talented domestic musicians. Bright Eyes just released their final album, The People's Key; Death Cab is dropping another album in May (?); and the Fleet Foxes are also droppin a new album soon-ish. indie lovers rejoice! the only thing that i hate is how there is always a "recession" in the music world after all these great bands release albums in the same year...

    ReplyDelete