Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?


I am currently on a huge Mindy Kaling kick. I have been excited about her book, “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” to come out. It is one of those books I want to physically own, not just on my Kindle but in hardcover because I can just imagine myself referring back to chapters for a good laugh every now and then. Entertainment Weekly (which I subscribe to and I recommend you do as well if you like pop culture) has been raving about her book since the summer. It seems like every magazine I open, Mindy’s book is on their “MUST” list for November. I “MUST” get myself a copy! My friend Demi and I entered a contest on Goodreads.com for a free copy of the book. Demi tabulated that we had a 1 in 100 (or was it 200?) chance of winning, which I thought were pretty good odds! However, unless a copy magically appears at my door, I don’t think I won.



Mindy seems like a smart and funny gal, which we can never have too many of in this world! If you don’t follow her on Twitter (@mindykaling), you definitely should. Also, here is a link to her blog you can check out if you really want a Mindy Kaling overload (just go for it) : http://theconcernsofmindykaling.com/

OK, I’m done with the Mindy Kaling promotion (gesh, you would think I should get a free copy of the book after all this free promo). Here are some other things I’m currently digging:

·      TV Show: New Girl
·      Music: Shake it Out- Florence + The Machine
·      Movies: Anticipating “The Muppets” and “Martha Marcy May Marlene”
·      Comfy cozy sweaters
·      Boots
·      Pumpkin Bread
·      Knitting
·      Cinnamon Tea

Alright, that’s it from me for now. Bye friends. If you need me, I’ll be reading Mindy’s book! I wish I was one of those cool blogs that had give-a-ways... maybe one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment