Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Boonies

I live in what some would refer to as, "The Boonies." Deer, snakes, ducks, beavers, muskrats, turtles, wild turkey, fisher cats (wish I were joking)... you name it, I've seen it and chances are they probably live in back yard. Sometimes these wild animals deter me from exercising outside, but there are also times when I do venture out for a run and find the animal noises motivate me to run just a little bit faster.

I'm exaggerating a bit here--  it's not that bad (the fisher cat was the worst I've experienced but luckily I was in my car when I saw it). We've had a Blue Heron colony start up right down the street that has brought an influx of bird watchers to "The Boonies." I have to admit, their nests are pretty amazing and I even stopped to snap a few photos on a walk a few weeks ago. Below are just a few images I have taken recently here in The Boonies.


Blue Heron-- First time I saw one I thought I was in Jurassic Park. 

Blue Heron nests



And here's the scariest animal of them all, my grandmother's pug-- Molly.


No comments:

Post a Comment